Description: Freight/Receiving 390910334 Pine Valley, Utah, US, 84781 Position Purpose: Associates in Freight/Receiving positions ensure the store is stocked...
Published 18 days ago
Description: Lot Associate 390724382 Dammeron Valley, Utah, US, 84783 Lot Associates assist customers with the loading of their vehicles and also monitor and...
Published 18 days ago
Description: Are you ready to focus on doing what you love in a place that helps you feel and deliver your best? The Massage Envy brand is the leader in...
Published 18 days ago
Job Description: The Opportunity Ferguson is looking to train our future leaders from the ground-up, beginning in our entry-level Inside Sales Training Program...
From Ferguson - Utah
Published 19 days ago
Smelter Area Mechanical Inspector
·Key role in a diverse and global organization
·Continuous suuply chain improvements leveraging on technology/streamline processes
·Excellent opportunity for career development of technical expertise in a major metro area- Salt Lake City
About the role
Mechanical InspectorAsset Management - RTKC Smelter. Area Inspectors are an integral part of the asset management team, responsible for plant inspection, defect identification, quality assurance, assisting maintenance execution and the planning and scheduling functions.
This role is integral function between RTKC contractor coordinators, productions teams, and occasionally assist with the planning and scheduling functions in support of the smelter operations integrity. This role is an integral part of the asset management team involving the systematic area inspection of the operation facilities, identification of pending defects or failures, initiating timely notifications and response is support of the overall maintenance execution team.
This role is a great opportunity to implement your technical skills while focusing on safe operations and executing a plan to deliver smelter objectives. This role will work closely with the area asset management contract coordinators to deliver the following:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Include but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned as part of cross-functional efforts within the various asset management functions.
· In cooperation with the Contract Coordinator, Reliability Team and Planner, Scheduler
· Develop / modify the existing inspection routes for the mechanical / electrical equipment within the assigned area(s).
· Identify inspection requirements and criteria for the Smelter process area and equipment. This could include: (Instrumentation, Process Vessels, Process Equipment, Buildings, etc.) essentially anything process critical. Part of the determination process should include consideration of necessary inspection frequency and prerequisite PDM/NDT technologies
· Prepare inspection plans and procedures for the Smelter process area and equipment based on current reliability centered maintenance practices in conjunction with the manufacturer's recommendations, industry best practice, and subjective technical experience and knowledge.
· Perform inspections, verifies asset condition through inspection of the equipment within the assigned area(s), identifying defects requiring attention, and corrective actions. Create notifications / work orders for corrective actions in SAP assigned to the proper functional location. Track and verify the effectiveness of the implemented corrective actions.
· Where applicable, collect data specified in the PRT or P.M. for the type of non-destructive inspection procedure using the appropriate PDM/NDT technologies.
· On-Line repairs: Work permit for the area inspections should include review of on-line repair tasks i.e. checking and tightening fasteners on a leaking flange, taking up a loose bolt on a guard, wire loose insulation blankets back in place etc. TRACK these slight repair items and correct small items as found if possible. No attempt should be made to action any repairs that would fall out of the normal course of routine inspection or any type of work that would require additional permitting.
· Create notifications / work orders for the collected information in SAP (With detailed information in the notification. Details should include any external support required, i.e. scaffolding, electrical or instrumentation assistance, process support, i.e. down day or hydro-blasting, vacuum truck support).
· Assist the Contract Coordinator / Planner disseminating the condition or plant defect against the historical data stored in SAP to identify trends, repetitive issues or any other indicator that may be used to ascertain the condition of the equipment.
· Interact with the area planner, scheduler, maintenance supervisor, contract coordinator, technicians, area operators, subcontractors and specialists to ascertain equipment defects or process condition upsets.
· Interact with the Reliability engineers or technicians to implement and/or perform predictive measures, supports the defect elimination process and contributes to the work management analysis and asset tactics reviews, or to conduct RPS / RCFA's.
· Assist in repairs, implementation of corrective actions or replacements when conditions warrant, i.e.: Plant shutdown or furnace outages.
· Undertakes post maintenance work quality reviews, QA/QC verification of the completed maintenance activities, support for commissioning and work area housekeeping.
· Proficient with CMMS/SAP, working knowledge of Vibration testing, Non-destructive testing, and inspection standards.
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
A Technical Degree/Certifications skilled trades (Preferred), minimum 5 years verifiable relevant experience skilled trades considered.
SAP / CMMS training/experience (preferred).
Mechanical Vibration Inspection/trending certification/training a plus
NDT technologies (PT, UT, MT) certification/training a plus
Ability to work in multi-functional and multi-disciplinary teams and deliver measurable outcomes.
Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with employees at all levels of the organization.
Where you will be working
Rio Tinto Kennecott is a fully integrated mining operation located just outside Salt Lake City, Utah, US. Kennecott is a wholly owned subsidiary of Rio Tinto. For more than 110 years, Kennecott has been mining and processing minerals from the rich orebody of the Bingham Canyon Mine. Kennecott is a strong economic driver and strives to be a valuable community partner through strategic partnerships, charitable giving and sustainable development practices.
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Our long history is filled with firsts. We've developed some of the world's largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents. Aluminium and copper, diamonds, gold and industrial minerals, iron ore, coal and uranium: our materials make up the world around us. You'll find them in smartphones, planes, cars, hospitals and throughout your home.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It's a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it's this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role youmustcomplete all pre-screening questions.