If you are a Building Inspector with minimum of five (5) years of experience working with all phases of modern construction practices and building codes, plus three (3) years in code enforcement or property maintenance inspection experience, please read on!
We've been around for over 100 years and we continue to grow!
Due to major expansions to our Building and Code Enforcement Services in the Inland Empire, Orange County, Los Angeles County, and Desert and Coachella Valley areas in California, we are looking for talented Building Inspectors.
What's In It for You
Great competitive salary
Excellent health/dental/vision insurance
401K with company match
Paid Time Off
Paid parental leave
Annual paid volunteering time
True work- life balance scheduling options
Fitness program reimbursements
Plus a lot more
What You Will Be Doing
- Inspects all types of structures including commercial & residential buildings during various stages of construction & remodeling to ensure compliance with applicable codes, ordinances & regulations.
- Examines permit plans & specifications for buildings to be constructed, altered, repaired, moved or demolished to ensure compliance with the provisions of applicable codes, ordinances & regulations; recommends modifications & adjustments as necessary.
- Examines site plans for locations of structures, set back requirements, easements & conformance to planning & zoning regulations.
- Inspects existing buildings & premises for business license, change of use, & occupancy for compliance with applicable codes, ordinances & regulations.
- Performs business, rental & vacant structure inspections as needed.
- Enforces municipal ordinances, ICC Property Maintenance, ICC Building Codes & other related codes.
- Issues notices to comply on violations & issues “stop work” orders for work without permits or in an unsafe manner; maintains records, files & reports regarding inspection & plan review activities & findings for possible legal actions.
- Applies valuations, costs & permit numbers & issues documents such as building permits, inspection notices, occupancy certificates, stop-work orders, correction notices, & citations as appropriate.
- Consults with legal, planning, engineering, public work departments & fire safety staff regarding building, fire, life safety, zoning, & other code interpretations & applications.
- Logs, routes, tracks & processes all incoming plans & related permit submittals; responds to code & related questions in person & on the phone.
- Attends & participates in meetings; stays abreast of new trends & innovations in the field of building inspection & plans examination.
- Attends required continuing education classes to maintain current ICC Certifications/Licenses.
- Periodical patrol & inspection for violation of applicable codes, ordinances & regulations.
- Responds to complaints of code violations related to signage, building occupancy, nuisances, housing conditions, construction, l& use, zoning, animals, noise, weeds, dumping, & other code-related matters.
- Conducts field inspections regarding violations & takes appropriate action for individuals to correct the violation, verbal warning, correction notices, or citations.
- Documents violations by securing photographs & other pertinent data; researches ownership records, prior complaints, municipal codes & ordinances, & state regulations to establish whether a violation has occurred.
- Meets with owners, tenants, contractors, business owners, etc. to review violations & explain code requirements to achieve code compliance.
- Drafts & distributes a variety of correspondence, memoranda, notices, & reports relating to code enforcement, including warnings, citations, notices to appear & other code documents.
- Promote & maintain a positive image in contacts with various persons & agencies, provide effective & efficient customer service, & resolve complex & sensitive issues as they arise.
- Reports situations that may be encountered & are outside the scope of the Building Inspection Services to the Supervisor.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision & assistance.
- Ability to exercise judgment, confidence & creativity in situations involving the evaluation of information against measurable criteria.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include weekends & evenings as needed is required.
- Must be able to respond 24/7 emergency on-call requests from Police or Fire departments, such as for property damage or structural fires.
- Maintain documentary evidence on cases of non-compliance for use in court. When necessary, appears in court & testifies professionally & impartially.
- Drafts, prepares, recommends, & participates in revisions to municipal code & enforcement policies, procedures, techniques, & standards, as well as the department director’s interpretation.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Maintain proper safety procedures & guidelines & apply these in daily activities & tasks as required.
What You Need for this Position
- Must possess ICC Residential Building Inspector Certification & ICC Commercial Inspector Certification.
- Must possess ICC International Property Maintenance Code Inspector Certification, or be able to obtain such certification within six months of hire.
- Knowledge of construction practices, state and local building codes and ordinances is required.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience working with all phases of modern construction practices & building codes, plus three (3) years in code enforcement or property maintenance inspection is required.
- Must have a working knowledge of general office equipment and other tools utilized during field inspections.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal & written, with the ability to prepare, organize & communicate field data reports is required.
- Computer proficiency & demonstrated knowledge of computer software applications i.e., as word processing, spreadsheets & databases required.
- The ability to set priorities, meet critical time deadlines, follow written & oral instructions
- Handle business activities with discretion and integrity is required.
- The ability to establish effective working relationships with employees, supervisors, contractors, architects, engineers, owners and the general public is required.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required. College and/or business coursework is preferred.
- Must be capable of driving/operating a motor vehicle for company business, and maintain a valid driver’s license in the state of residence with a good driving record.
So, if you are a Building Inspector with a minimum of five (5) years of experience working with all phases of modern construction practices and building codes, plus three (3) years in code enforcement or property maintenance inspection experience, please apply today!
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Code enforcement/property maintenance inspection
Modern construction practices & building codes
ICC Residential Building Inspector Certification
ICC Commercial Inspector Certification
Construction - state & local building codes
ICC Building Codes
Perform field inspections
Computer proficiency (MS Word/MS Excel etc)
DescriptionThis position will close when 100 applications are received or on Friday, May 8, 2020, whichever comes first. Do you have a background in street...
From City Of Vista, Ca - California
Published a month ago
The Davey Resource Group Inc Position Announcement POSITION: Roads Forester TYPE: Full-Time POSITION LOCATIONS: Norther San Francisco Bay to Clear Lake...
From Davey Resource Group - California
Published a month ago
Job Title:Building Engineer General Information Job Description: INTAKE NOTES: This is a STATIONARY Building Engineer position that has the potential to become...
From Experis - Texas
Published a month ago
Responsible for construction projects, building/equipment permits, agency licenses and facilities planning efforts. Responsibilities include both new...
Published a month ago