Please make sure to read the job posting in its entirety as it reflects both the University roles and responsibilities, followed by the specific description.
2010011 BSD - Center for Research Informatics
About the Unit
The Center for Research Informatics (CRI) is an organization within the Biological Sciences Division (BSD) whose mission is to provide the informatics resources and services to BSD faculty to enable them to conduct research of the highest scientific merit and to advance the state of the art of clinical informatics, translational informatics, and bioinformatics. The CRI is also dedicated to research, education, and training in informatics. The Office provides informatics support services by working with UC researchers to conceive, plan, design, implement, deploy, operate, and support biomedical research data capture, management, integration, and analysis applications. The CRI is looking for individuals who will contribute their skills in a fast-paced cutting edge environment and will be leveraging state-of-the-art technologies to deliver innovative and exciting solutions for researchers.
Responsible for the design, implementation, and maintenance of new and existing applications, systems architecture, and network infrastructure. Ensures operation and security of all servers and networks. Configures, installs, maintains and upgrades applications and hardware for the organization's infrastructure and for end-user devices.
Career Track and Job Level
Performs and oversees a variety of activities relating to software support and/or development. Oversees technical development projects and the implementation of applications and/or websites. Provides analysis, design, development, debugging, and modification of computer code for applications, beta general releases, and production support. Develops and builds web pages, applications and user interfaces using a variety of software applications, techniques, and tools. New development, break fixes, maintenance, operational support of code and application ecosystem currently in production. Includes overall application administration and integration management.
P2: Requires knowledge and experience in own discipline; still acquiring higher-level knowledge and skills. Builds knowledge of the organization, processes and customers. Solves a range of straightforward problems. Analyzes possible solutions using standard procedures. Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction.
The job performs a variety of activities relating to software support and/or development. Provides analysis, design, development, debugging, and modification of computer code for end user applications, beta general releases, web pages, and production support. Troubleshoots problems using existing procedures to find a possible solution.
1) Investigates, analyzes and resolves day-to-day technical problems using standard procedures., 2) Works with stakeholders to gather and analyze requirements for developmental programs. Receives a moderate level of guidance to design applications to meet University and business requirements., 3) Performs code testing on components and works to ensure that appropriate implementation standards are met. Evaluates design alternatives for development cost and solutions using various methods., 4) Supports and maintains existing applications. Works with web developers and responds to requests from users., 5) Performs other related work as needed.
1) Incumbent will be responsible for ETL Architecture and Development. This includes understanding and implementing data extractions, transformations, and loads, writing ETL code to incorporate new data sources into data warehouses and affiliated data marts, both local and distributed, and working with existing teams to further ETL development according to existing standards and conventions.
2) There is also a need for data management expertise. This includes data source acquisition and positioning, providing ongoing feedback and support to expand available data sources while improving the team’s understanding of existing data sources, transforming and loading data into data models and platforms, both standardized and unstandardized, and creating and maintaining a growing body of ETL-related documentation.
3) Finally, this position involves data technical expertise. This includes providing expert technical database and ETL knowledge and assistance, working with team members to optimize database query performance, assisting in making decisions regarding tool selection to support ETL efforts, and working with end users to understand, troubleshoot, and maximize ETL performance.
1) Proficiency in writing queries for major RDBMS platforms, including the following: Oracle, MS SQL, and MySQL, coalescing disparate data sources into unified platforms (i.e. data warehouses and data marts)
2) Proficiency in c reating technical specifications, business cases, and other development-related documentation.
Education, Experience, and Certifications
Minimum requirements include a college or university degree in related field.
Minimum requirements include knowledge and skills developed through 2-5 years of work experience in a related job discipline.
1) Advanced degree in Computer Science, Informatics, or related field.
1) Experience using relevant ETL and DB Development software, including MS SQL Studio, MS SSIS, Aginity Workbench(for IBM Netezza), and IBM Datastage, extracting data from Epic EMR.
2) Experience working within regulatory requirements of electronic personal health information (HIPAA).
2) Cover letter preferred
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application
Depends on Qualifications
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Drug Test Required
Health Screen Required
Motor Vehicle Record Inquiry Required
Remove from Posting On or Before