The Retail Operations Assistant is responsible for assisting the Operations Manager in bookkeeping, inventory maintenance and order entry. This position also requires receptionist duties such as welcoming our guests into the store, answering the phones and providing information as requested. General clerical duties are also routinely performed in this position. Adheres to all policies and procedures outlined in the Operations and Systems Manuals.
Essential Job Duties
1. Reception ? Offers exceptional customer service by greeting and receiving visitors, answering phones and providing information; Assists Design Consultants as needed in providing production information.
2. Inventory Management ? Assists in order and data entry in SYSPRO ERP system; participates in monthly inventory cycle counts and yearly inventory preparation and execution; correctly codes documents according to Company policy.
3. Bookkeeping ? Assist Retail Operations Manager by checking figures, postings, and documents for correct entry in SYSPRO, ensuring mathematical accuracy and proper coding; receives and records bank cash, checks and vouchers and maintain accounts receivables records.
4. Office Administration ? orders office supplies weekly, creates and maintains customer order files.
Additional Job Duties & Responsibilities
· Any other duties as assigned by Retail Operations or Retail Store Manager;
· Guest interaction and assistance as needed;
· Fills in for Retail Operations Manager as needed.
Expected Hours of Work
· Hours are set by the assigned store with frequent weekend hours expected; 40 hour schedule per week with overtime expected during special events.
· Client Focus
· Client Satisfaction
· Attention to detail and follow up
· Promote teamwork and positive professional working environment
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· High school diploma or equivalent; some college preferred;
· Six months experience in design or retail environment minimum required;
· Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills;
· Good computer skills ? knowledge of MS Outlook, Excel and Word required;
· Organized and detail-oriented required;
· Problem solving skills and positive, professional demeanor are required;
· Some bookkeeping and/or data entry experience preferred with ERP system experience strongly preferred.
· Computer ? Syspro ERP system & Microsoft/Apple Systems, I-Pad.
Job Type: Full-time
Operations: 1 year (Preferred)
retail: 1 year (Preferred)
Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
Paid time off