Master Teacher St Catherine's Center for Children offers a comprehensive range of programs designed to offer hope, foster growth, and improve the lives of the children and families we serve.
We are currently seeking a Master Teacher for our Day Treatment School Program.
Students who have emotional disabilities between the ages of 5-13 years old attend this program.
The Master Teacher supervises the classroom team and is responsible for planning and implementing the educational program for each student assigned to their classroom.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Leading and coordinating the work of all classroom staff on a daily basis
- Consults with special service teachers in coordinating the planning and implementation of the I.E.P and Treatment Plans for the students assigned to the classroom.
- Constructs daily and weekly lesson plans utilizing the goals and objectives from the I.E.P and Treatment Plans.
- NYS Certification in Special Education, Literacy or Students with Disabilities is required.
- Master of Science Degree in Special Education preferred.
Master of Science Degree in related Educational area of study will be considered.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Special Education or related area of study will be considered if the applicant is currently pursuing Master's Degree in Special Education or related educational area of study.
- Prior supervisory experience is preferred
- Prior experience with similar population preferred.
REQ NUMBER EDU-20-00002
We are an equal employment opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.