The Leidos Defense group is looking for an Electrical Engineer in Long Beach, MS to support the design and test of electronics and electronic systems. This position is junior:level and will report to a more senior engineer who will direct the work activities and act as a technical mentor. The work involves development of electronics in support of underwater acoustic measurements in places ranging from Alaska to the Bahamas. Typical work encompasses a broad range of technology such as fiber optics, audio:band electronics, data acquisition, high:voltage power supplies, embedded systems and related technologies. Occasional travel will be required to support installation and repair of systems. Opportunities to work on other projects such as internal R and D will also be available. This is a great opportunity to contribute to a very exciting and strategically important Department of Defense (DoD) program while growing with a great technical team at Leidos.
* Collaborate with a team to conduct testing of circuits and circuit card assemblies (CCAs) to prove out designs and integrate hardware into production systems.
* Perform design, analysis, and simulation of analog and digital electronics including analog filters, microprocessors, FPGAs, power regulation, ADCs/DACs, and other related electronics.
* Create test procedures as needed to assist in validation of CCA operation.
* Develop firmware and software as required in support of the circuit designs.
* Provide status reports to project managers or program managers as required.
* Provide field support (travel) as needed.
* BS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
* Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret:level security clearance.
* Ability to work independently and on a team.
* Willing to occasionally travel.
* A working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs including PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
* Familiarity with test equipment such as digital multi:meters and oscilloscopes.
* 1:2 years of work experience in industry or as an engineering co:op student.
* A GPA of 3.0 within your Major
* Experience with OrCAD Schematic capture and PADS.
* Experience with C, C++, Python, Matlab or similar programming language.
* Experience with Verilog or VHDL.
* Working knowledge of Linux.
* Active Secret security clearance.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10 of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500(R) information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the worlds toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The companys 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately 10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit .
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. Thats why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment:related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment:related information or any other personal information, please re