General Description THIS POSTING IS TO CREATE A GENERAL POOL OF SCHOOL COUNSELING APPLICANTS FOR THE 2020-2021 SCHOOL YEAR.
The displayed salary is based on the 2019-2020 salary schedule.
Provides specialized academic instruction to students with emotional disabilities to optimize their learning in the school environment. Plans, delivers and evaluates instruction based upon specific standards and objectives established by Chesterfield County Public Schools and as indicated in each student's Individualized Educational Plan (IEP). Performs in compliance with instructional program guidelines and legal requirements of IDEA and Federal regulations. Contacts are made within and outside the school system and may require handling sensitive information and/or dealing tactfully with others.
Essential Job Functions
- Conducts assessment/evaluation of student abilities and needs; attends and serves as a member of the IEP Team; assists in the development of IEP instructional goals/objectives; assists in identifying other related services for the student. Reassesses and evaluates student progress; prepares and maintains a variety of records and reports related to assigned activities and student progress and behavior.
- Establishes instructional/learning environment for students to reinforce appropriate pupil behavior. Develops, adapts/modifies and sequences a variety of instructional activities to meet the students' individual goals/objectives which are based on the student's IEP. Provides academic instruction to students based on state adopted curriculum; monitors/charts behavioral and instructional progress of students. Establishes and maintains behavioral management system for students. Establishes a varied environment which accommodates the differing ways that children learn. Maintains records and reports regarding pupil progress in a timely manner.
- Maintains cooperative working relationships and effective and timely written and oral communication with parents, staff, other school district personnel and other community service agencies.
- Trains paraprofessionals assigned to class; participates in district, school and program professional development activities. Applies knowledge of curriculum and specialized instructional strategies to improve student performance with regard to standard based assessments. Plans and delivers appropriate curriculum using district curriculum and individualized educational plan for students with learning disabilities. Assesses student's learning on an ongoing basis and alters instruction to meet group and individual needs. Documents and evaluates student progress and communicates progress with parents.
- Maintains order within the classroom in accordance with division guidelines regarding student behavior management. Supervises students during non-classroom time (lunch, fire drills, etc.).
- Demonstrates commitment to improving professional competence.
- AttendsMANDTCertification Training.
- Performs other duties as required or as established by School Board Policy.
- Working knowledge of the practices and procedures of:
- program planning for emotionally disabled special education students
- applicable special education laws, codes, regulations, policies, and procedures
- the principles and methods of developing an instructional and behavioral management system
- basic subjects including mathematics, reading, writing, language arts and spelling
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement Individual Educational Plans for individuals with disabilities and in designing instruction based on student's individual education plan.
- Demonstrated ability to:
- communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships
- analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action
- provide guidance in support needed from classroom paraprofessionals
- Demonstrated ability in:
- problem analysis
- conflict resolution,
- interpersonal relationships
- Working skill in the operation of standard office and classroom equipment including a computer and assigned software.
- Minimum of 18 years of age.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- Virginia Professional Teaching License with a Special Education Adapted Curriculum endorsement (or the equivilent)
- Experience teaching special education students
In addition to the on-line application, teacher applicants are required to submit:
Both undergraduate and graduate transcripts must be submitted. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
To complete their application, applicants must submit two (2) written references. When possible, references should be from a current or previous supervisor. References from a supervising teacher or professor are acceptable when there is no relevant prior work history.
Applicants may use the Chesterfield County Public Schools reference form or a signed, dated letter of reference.
Chesterfield County Public Schools Reference Form (Click on the wording.)
Copy of Teaching license
Complete Application Package
Applications for teaching positions will not be evaluated until complete packets, to include transcripts, teaching licenses, teacher assessment scores (Praxis II, etc.), and references are received. To expedite application review, please attach these documents to the on-line application. The documents may also be emailed or mailed/hand delivered to:
Chesterfield County Public Schools
Department of Human Resources
9900 Krause Road
Chesterfield, VA 23832
*Please Note: Attachments must be uploaded to each application for which you apply, they do not merge from applications you have already submitted to your new application.
Applicants considered for employment must successfully complete the following background investigations/tests:
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Criminal History Investigation
- State Police Criminal History Investigation
- Child Protective Services (CPS) Investigation
- Tuberculosis Screening/Test
Norfolk Public Schools 2020 : 2021 School Year Openings: Certified Positions: (2020:21 school year): . Elementary P.E. Teacher (.5 FTE ) . Secondary Math...
Published a month ago
Cattaraugus-Little Valley CSD is accepting is seeking applications a for a K-1 English Language Consultant / Resource Arts Room Teacher Teacher NYS...
From Cattaraugus-Little Valley Central School District - New York
Published a month ago
Position Type: Elementary School Teaching/Special Education Date Posted: 6/15/2020 Location: Madison Elementary School Date Available: 2020-2021 School Year...
From Cedar Rapids Community School District - Iowa
Published a month ago
About the Job Oil City Area School District is seeking:An Elementary Principal/Federal Programs Coordinator, a Business Teacher, an English Teacher, and three...
From Corecivic - Pennsylvania
Published a month ago